Project Charter is one of the Project Management document. This document can be considered as a framework for the Project under which the Project will operate. This document contains all critical information related to the Project.
As per the PMBOK the Project Charter is a document issued by the Project initiator (or sponsor) that formally authorizes the existence of a project and provides the Project Manager with the authority to apply organizational resources to project activities.
What is the purpose of the Project Charter?
- Formally authorized the existence of the company.
- Defined the company’s purpose.
- Defined the company’s objective.
- Allocated resources.
- Defined the company’s internal governance.
- Defined the stakeholder’s wants and expectations.